Do all this in one go with dental crowns at our clinic near Greensborough
There are some choices that seem good in any situation. And when it comes to dentistry, dental crowns are one such choice, as they can be very helpful across a range of conditions.
Put simply, a dental crown is a versatile, non-removable prosthetic device that is used to restore the form, function, aesthetics and strength of a damaged tooth. It is just like a tooth-shaped cap that covers the tooth, and need to be cemented into place. Sometimes, they are also placed over implants, to give a ‘tooth-like’ shape and structure, and restore the lost tooth’s functionality. They can be made in a variety of materials like metal alloys, resin, acrylic and porcelain, and are customized for a perfect fit. At Plenty Smiles, we ensure that the dental crowns we do are an exact match with the look of your other teeth, so that they do not mar the beauty of your smile.
When do we recommend a dental crown?
Amongst the many situations that may seem apt to go for a dental crown, here are the most common reasons we recommend getting dental crowns in our clinic near Greensborough:
- If a tooth has been severely worn out and has become sensitive
- To protect a cracked / broken tooth and hold it together
- To cover up a large filling when there isn’t much left of the natural tooth
- Prevent an already weak tooth from fracturing or further decay
- To cover a root canal or implant
- Improve the appearance of badly stained teeth
- Support a dental bridge
The procedure for dental crowns at our clinic near Greensborough:
Dental crowns need some prep, and your regular procedure can take two visits in a span of up to two weeks.
- This procedure usually starts with us thoroughly examining the tooth to gauge how best to save the tooth.
- The tooth in question is then prepared for the crown, and the outer layer is filed down
- We will then take an impression of the prepped tooth and your surrounding teeth
- We will place and place a temporary crown in the interim, and send the impression to our laboratory, which will prepare your customized crown
- Once your crown is ready, we will call you for a second visit and cement the crown into place
With proper daily care and regular dental clean-ups, dental crowns done at our clinic near greensborough can last many years. However, as it is a prosthetic device, there is always a chance of the crown coming off or chipping, in rare cases. In either case, we are here to support you with exceptional treatment, whenever needed.