Did you know that over 1.4 million Australians that see a dentist every year with the goal of straightening their teeth? But what is the very best option for you? Why is Invisalign the best option? Continue reading to find out exactly why Invisalign should be at the top of your list?
How does it work?
Invisalign is an extremely innovative and effective way to straighten your teeth. Unlike metal braces, with bands, elastic and breakable wires, Invisalign is a clear set of aligners. Being removable and clear makes it very easy to continue your social and eating habits as per usual.
The clear aligners are molded uniquely to the shape of your mouth, therefore extremely comfortable and durable.
How many aligners do you need?
The amount of aligners needed will vary between patients, as every patient will have a different concern regarding their smile.
What are the stages?
There are 5 stages for Invisalign. These include:
- Consultation with a verified and qualified Invisalign registered dentist. – It is very important to ensure your orthodontist is trained in this type of treatment. This is a major medical and financial decision that you are going to make, so you need to evaluate your orthodontist carefully. Within this consultation, the orthodontist will take a series of x-rays and photographs of your teeth and discuss whether or not you are a good candidate for Invisalign treatment.
- Customized treatment plan- Your dentist will now create a personalized Invisalign plan to achieve your desired smile. The dentist will take impressions of your teeth and create a customized treatment plan for you. The dentist will also create a digital 3-D image of your teeth and use it to map out the different stages of teeth positioning
- The Aligners are placed- The dentist will now place the first set of aligners that are the first step in your orthodontic dental journey. The aligners are made from BPA free plastic and are easy to remove, clean and place back in.
- Change your aligners every two weeks- Your dentist will give you instructions on when to change into your next set of aligners
- Visit your dentist every 6 weeks- This is crucial for your Invisalign journey as it ensures the teeth are moving as they should, as well as maintaining your oral health during the Invisalign
What is the difference between braces?
Unlike braces, Invisalign offers patients a lot more flexibility within their orthodonticjourney:
Why do we need a dentist with experience?
This is crucial for your orthodontic journey. The dentist must be correctly trained and certified with Invisalign. It is also crucial that they have had extensive experience within the field. An experienced orthodontist will look at the patient as a whole. Including how to maintain optimal oral health.
What does Invisalign treat?
Invisalign treats many different types of dental issues including:
– Deep bite
– Open bite
– Cross Bite
– Gap teeth